jueves, 8 de mayo de 2008

New Blogger

Well, I've thought about doing a blog for a long time but really wasn't sure what to blog about. I've even signed up at a couple of blog sites but was at a loss for words...until this weekend. I was at a ladies retreat with about 85 other english speaking women here in Nicaragua and we were challenged with "Becoming Strong Women in God". I was raised in a christian home, accepted Jesus Christ as my savior at the age of 6, was always very involved in youth group and any other church activity, went to a Bible Institute, became a missionary, began homeschooling my kids and the list goes on...and I never really considered myself a weak woman in the Lord. But this weekend I realized something. Many of the verses that we studied talked about growing and I will be honest, I have been relying on growing by experience much more than I have been spending time growing through the Word of God. So, that being said, this blog is going to be a sort of accountability check for me. I am going to share with anyone who takes the time to read this, what God is teaching me through His Word. Often I think we rely on experiences and little on TRUTH. Don't get me wrong. I believe God uses our experiences to teach us as well, but many of my experiences could have been so much richer if I had grown in the knowledge of Christ Jesus through His Word. So, that's my challenge! To GROW in my relationship with the Lord and not be satisfied with past growth but to press on for more! I know that the more I come to know God, the easier it will become to trust Him in EVERY aspect of my life. I'm looking forward to this new journey!

No hay comentarios: